QAD Explore wouldn’t be possible without the support of our wonderful Sponsors. During the last couple of weeks, we have featured three of our Explore Sponsors as contributors on the QAD Blog. They have prepared several informative articles around manufacturing, tax automation and the benefits of upgrading your ERP solution.
Our final featured article is prepared by our friends at Strategic Information Group. They help manufacturers, suppliers, OEMS and virtual manufacturers maximize business value through the application of enterprise technologies.
Top 5 reasons leading companies upgrade to QAD EE
QAD Enterprise Applications Enterprise Edition (EE) has been available to customers for over 7 years and is the go-foward platform where QAD will be putting a majority of development effort. There are several good business reasons to upgrade to EE. Here is our top 5 list.
- Item/Lot Attributes is functionality that allows you to manage inventory balances at the item and lot level by extended characteristics such as revision level, potency, clarity, expiration date, manufacturing date, country of origin or just about any other attribute important to your business.
- Channel Islands is QAD’s new user experience that is a fast, accurate and intuitive. The UX is device independent meaning users can access QAD with any device. Current functionality available in early adopter status includes sales orders, sales quotes, requisitions and approvals. Convenient browses, user-friendly dashboards and an activity feed help your valuable resources maximize their productivity.
- QAD Quality Management System (QMS) helps you track quality issues, establish trends and track resolution. CAPA, NCMR, Document Control and Training Record Management are some of the QAD QMS modules available to customers. QAD QMS and ERP are integrated to help you achieve an effective enterprise.
- QAD Automation Solutions helps reduce material handling errors, manage changing events and priorities with paperless tools, transact a pallet load of material with one scan, and perform on demand and event driven label printing integrated with QAD.
- Enhanced Financials provides world class financials to help you compete in the global marketplace. Leverage the new Financial Report Writer (FRW), extensive use of Daybooks and automatic reconciliation between AR, AP and GL. Use the convenient bi-directional Microsoft Excel integration for journal entries as well as for account setup. The multi-stage period closing process includes period marks, closing validations and reporting, separate period for year-end corrections.
Strategic Information Group has assisted over a 100 companies implement and upgrade to EE over the past few years. Second Sight Medical is a great example of one customer who is reaping the benefits of making the jump to EE. A customer of QAD and Strategic since 2007, Second Sight Medical came to their upgrade decision crossroads in 2014. After learning about EE at user group meetings and a pre-upgrade assessment from Strategic that identified the specific benefits and costs of upgrading to EE, Second Sight Medical executed a very successful upgrade to EE in 2015 in just 6 weeks. You can hear about the details of this upgrade on Wednesday at Explore in a 2:45pm session.
Strategic is a full service provider of enterprise technology, quality and regulatory management solutions to start-ups, multinationals and market leaders. We help companies achieve their corporate goals with the application of QAD enterprise technology. For more information, please visit us at Explore in booth # 307/309, call us at 760-697-1050 or visit http://www.strategic.com
Once you get to Explore, be sure to check out the Sponsor Expo for the opportunity to meet members of the Strategic Information Group team face-to-face. The Sponsor Expo will be open Tuesday and Wednesday – see the agenda for details on the time and place.